Created by Maurice Béjart in February 2007, the Fondation Maurice Béjart (hereafter “Foundation MB”) pursues the following goals, as specified by its founder:
- contribute financially to the training of less fortunate dancers in professional dance schools and ballet;
- financially support dance and ballet artists in need
- contribute financially to productions in the field of ballet and dance;
- support dance companies, particularly in the canton of Vaud;
- fund medical research projects for the benefit of hospitals and universities whose work might be of particular interest to dancers.
Moreover, Maurice Béjart Foundation ensures the protection of the name “Maurice Béjart” and manages the intellectual property rights of his work.